In The Land Of FREE we still Keep on Rockin'

It's Not Dark Yet

Plain and Fancy

Music gives soul to universe, wings to mind, flight to imagination, charm to sadness, and life to everything.

Plato

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Kaleidoscope - Tangerine Dream (1967 uk, classy delicate psychedelia with baroque traces, Japan issue)



One of the masterpieces of Britain’s early psych era, Tangerine Dream has no weaknesses: the songwriting and arrangements are terrific, the vocals are good, the balance between melody, mood and experiment is ideal, and even the recording quality is top-notch. This is the sound of 1967’ 
by Patrick Lundborg, Galactic Ramble 

‘Kaleidoscope are one of the most fondly-remembered of the more cultish UK psych-pop bands… Tangerine Dream remains an essential period piece’ 
by David Wells

‘Neatly capturing the optimism and experimentalism of the celebrated summer of 1967, Tangerine Dream is melodic, whimsical, very English and perfectly suited to the mood of the time’
by Q Magazine


Tracks
1. Kaleidoscope - 2:14
2. Please Excuse My Face - 2:11
3. Dive Into Yesterday - 4:46
4. Mr. Small, The Watch Repairer Man - 2:43
5. Flight From Ashiya - 2:40
6. The Murder Of Lewis Tollani - 2:47
7. (Further Reflections) In The Room Of Percussion - 3:19
8. Dear Nellie Goodrich - 2:46
9. Holiday Maker - 2:29
10.A Lesson Perhaps - 2:42
11.The Sky Children - 8:05
12.A Dream For Julie (Mono) - 2:47
13.Just How Much Are You (Mono) - 2:14
14.Jenny Artichoke - 2:40

Kaleidoscope
*Eddy Pumer - Lead Guitar, Keyboards
*Steve Clark - Bass, Flute.
*Dan Bridgman - Drums, Percussions.
*Peter Daltrey - Lead Vocals, Keyboards

1967-69 Kaleidoscope - Dive Into Yesterday
1970  Fairfield Parlour - Home to Home

Free Text
the Free Text

14 comments:

  1. Classic piece of british psychedelia. Thanks very much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks alot Marios!

    Fantastic album and sound quality!

    /Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marios, thanks for this.
    Below is a link to a TV appearance from the French TV show Le Petit Dimanche Illustre on Oct. 22, 1967.

    2 songs that appear on this Kaleidoscope LP Tangerine Dream and interview
    Flight From Ashiya
    Holiday Maker

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry forgot the link.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlXN6ITZXGI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marios, I LOVE KALEIDOSCOPE!!
    Sorry to keep bugging you, but I have deduced that the problem with the corrupted RAR's lies in DEPOSITFILES...all of the links you have to Rapidshare work fine! So I have sent an inquiry to Depositfiles asking why the downloaded rar's are corrupted for me. Is there a chance you might upload the great music you currently have on depositfiles to Rapidshare should I not get this issue resolved?
    I will have some rar's for you soon my friend (Heather Black, The Cykle, McFadden's Parachute, Secret Songs from Secret Places Comp series)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darren Thomas Brennessel,
    I use two specific hosters, rapidshare used by Cor not me,
    I believe your problem is temporary, you have to wait 'till the d/loads will complete, if there's any other way I could help, i'll be glad to.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Marios, I'll try again in a few days and see if it works...
    And soon I will have links to Rapidshare for some of my collection
    Darren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good News Marios! I tried downloading the flac files from Depositfiles as recommended by Warren of 13 afternoon, downloaded an audio converter (as I have no way to play flac files) and it worked!
    Halleluljah!
    Thanks and look for my links to my music in few days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marios, thank you for this great classic album of Kaleidoscope!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huge thanks for sharing this - After 32 years of searching, I have finally discovered the name of a track that has haunted me and finally I have discovered it's Sky Children! If the rest of the album is as good as this track, then I'm ordering the CD tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there Marios, there appears to be some repeated tracks here in both the FLAC and MP3s... track 4 is track 1, track 7 is track 2, track 13 is track 3. I think that is all.

    ReplyDelete